The size of the boot application is different depending on the creation method whether done 'Online' or 'Offline'.
The difference in boot application size results from the following assumptions:
When created offline, a default value for the communication's buffer is applied which may make the boot app larger than one created online.
- When a boot application is created offline, a default value for the communication's buffer is applied.
- Since a determination with the PLC does not take place, a size is selected, which permits it in 99,9% of all cases these then with the Downloaden without problems to transfer to be able.
- This takes into account that there are also controllers which are equipped accordingly "small".
- Depending on the hardware/PLC is determined/negotiated how large the buffer for downloading is, and the boot project is divided into correspondingly large/fewer parts.
- This also requires less communication's headers and fewer splits in the code.
- This can be noticeable with significantly less code in the boot application and therefore accordingly be smaller in size.
- Our Codesys Online Help (OLH) Website
- How to Generating Boot Applications
- Settings for Application ‘Properties’ - ‘Boot Application’